A NEW ERA IN EDUCATION IS UPON US: LINKgroup institutions and Erasmus+ initiate 8 international projects
In the domestic and regional education systems, LINK edu Alliance institutions are distinguished as truly different, Future Ready institutions that apply innovative teaching approaches aimed at developing and strengthening the most important competences in the 21st century, while preparing current generations for the challenges of modern society.
As the leader in the implementation and development of the latest achievements and standards in education, LINK institutions have signed as many as 8 international cooperation agreements with Erasmus+ partners, thus initiating pioneer and revolutionary projects that will usher us into a new era of technology and education, and significantly contribute to other segments of modern society.
ICE is bringing innovative teacher training programs for 21st-century skills to Serbia
The project consortium comprising important European educational institutions from Germany, Belgium and France, and LINKgroup’s state-of-the-art center for the professional development of teachers from the Balkans – Institute for Contemporary Education (ICE) – form part of a two-year project Citizen 2.1, financed by the French Erasmus+ National Agency for the purpose of establishing strategic partnerships in order to exchange the best educational practices.
The Institute for Contemporary Education has been recognized as a partner that offers cutting-edge teacher training for developing digital skills. The Institute has been given the opportunity to share its innovative approach with educational and innovation institutes and centers, institutions for national education and training, and commerce and industry chambers in three European countries.
As part of the project, 45 teachers from France, Germany, Belgium and Serbia will take part in 4 transnational meetings and 3 training modules regarding innovative digital practices. For the selected teachers who will learn about the latest teaching practices, the strategic partners of Citizen 2.1 will provide an opportunity to obtain Open Badges, international badges intended for teachers who have gained new digital skills.
Work is underway on creating the first IT tools for removing cognitive biases in teaching
Together with partners from Great Britain, Bulgaria, Belgium, Holland and Turkey, ICE has been given the opportunity to implement a three-year Erasmus+ project aimed at creating the first practical IT tools, strategies and functional methodology for identifying and managing cognitive biases.
As part of the project “The Art of De-biasing (dBias)”, teams comprising top experts in education and psychology from partner countries will create interactive videos with scenarios depicting models of the most frequent cognitive biases, tools for assessing, identifying and removing biases.
In addition, the project team will develop a network platform with an adaptive learning algorithm, which they will use to collect design behavior and decision-making patterns. Experts in the field of education will examine these patterns in focus groups and use them to develop teaching strategies for managing and reducing biases. The platform will enable teachers to create reports on classes or groups of students that will allow them to adjust their teaching methods and activities.
LINK’s Information Technology High School (ITHS) selected as a partner in as many as 6 international projects
Information Technology High School (ITHS), the leading IT high school in Serbia, is constantly developing new teaching methods so as to provide its students with unlimited possibilities for gaining skills, competences and digital knowledge in all social areas.
ITHS teachers and students, employees of the only national partner in as many as six international projects, together with peers and colleagues from Romania, Greece, Portugal, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Spain, Italy, France, Turkey and Belgium, will spend the next two years developing functional technological solutions for fighting climate change, contributing to cultural diversity, and learning how to implement technology and safely use the Internet. The teachers will have the opportunity to gain language skills necessary for teaching modern generations of students, develop STEM pedagogic skills, and learn about innovative approaches to using technology in teaching.
Through these projects, ITHS will significantly contribute to the enhancement of the education system in Serbia by providing teachers and students with excellent opportunities to actively participate in transnational activities which bring new educational and social trends, altering the education paradigm and strengthening modern competences among young people and school employees. Together with partners, ITHS will implement the following Erasmus+ projects:
- ClimAct Now!, which will enable students to learn about Sustainable Development Action 13 and make their contribution in the fight against climate change.
- Cultural Exchange Using Web 2.0 Tools, where the students will present their culture, tradition and beliefs using Web 2.0 tools. The project will allow them to learn about other cultures and become better acquainted with their own. Also, they will learn about Web 2.0 and its features.
- Together to a Better Technology, the goal of which is to enhance the qualifications of school employees and provide students and parents with skills enabling them to manage technology and safely use the Internet.
- SPEAKER aims to encourage multilingualism and diversity in the EU through language Escape Rooms. The games will comprise scenarios whereby students develop reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in a foreign language.
- Barcode is dedicated to increasing the use of innovative teaching methods and reducing biases thereof.
- Digital Education Zone will enable teachers to teach in different European countries so as to find solutions to low student motivation. In addition, the goal of incorporating social media tools in education is to improve the basic skills and competences of students using them in subjects such as mathematics, science and foreign languages.
All 8 projects will modernize the education system within the LINK edu Alliance, and provide good teaching examples at the national and international level, contributing to the use of advanced methodology, top-quality content and the latest technological solutions.
Leave a comment