The Learning Assistance Counselor is available to students of:
- Faculty for Contemporary Arts
Learning Assistance Counselor is a service designed to provide support to all our students in overcoming the difficulties that occur in the course of their education. This service helps you to achieve excellent results with less effort in less time, and adopt advanced knowledge in an effective way.
How does the Counselor help?
Over 80% of students encounter problems in learning at least once during their education, and these hold-ups can lead to lower grades, decreased motivation, bottlenecks and second-guessing their chosen direction. There are a number of challenges that can come up when one wants to study, including, but not limited to:
- Constantly procrastinating when it comes to starting the study process lack of motivation, everything else seems more important.
- Interrupting the studying before it has even properly begun, to do other things: work-related, sports, various commitments, a night out… All of these are integral parts of life, but they can disrupt the learning process if they are not well arranged in relation to studying.
- Irregular studying studying just before the exam... It is two months to the exam period and people often think that it’s enough to learn everything. This is usually quite an illusion.
- Fear of exam is one of the great disruptors of the learning process. As soon as you start studying, you get to thinking about a negative outcome of the exam. Enter discomfort, nervousness, test anxiety.
- Feeling that you are quickly forgetting or mixing up what you have learned: it often happens that you study more than would be optimal for the day; you fail to connect the facts, information and knowledge from different subjects... The result of it all can be actual forgetting.
Problems and doubts of this sort are something that the students experience rather often. In such cases, the best solution would be to consult the Learning Assistance Counselor.
The support that will bring you much better results
Learning Assistance Counselor works with students who have trouble keeping up, but also with those who would like to enhance their learning strategies and organize their time in the most efficient way possible.Studying is a process that requires dedication, and in order for it to be more efficient, one needs to conquer the challenges. With the Counselor’s assistance, the students:
- develop a unique learning style,
- develop techniques for easier learning,
- practice concentration, focus and attention,
- overcome difficulties and obstacles in learning,
- easily adapt to their studies,
- overcome the fear of examination,
- solve the problem of laziness in learning,
- manage stress.
How you can communicate with the Counselor
You can communicate with the Learning Assistance Counselor in the way that suits you best. You can choose between:
- Email – it is sometimes easier to present the problem in written form. This is why email is one of the ways to communicate with the Counselor.
- Online chat – communication with the Counselor is also possible by chat, if you use Skype or Hangouts.
- Phone – advance the way you learn through a phone conversation with the Counselor.
- Face-to-face consultations – you can solve any problem in learning through a direct conversation with the Counselor, through consultations at the school premises.
Learning Assistance Counselor will provide full support during your education program so that you can achieve excellent results with less effort in less time and efficiently adopt advanced knowledge that will really help you with your career.