ClimAct Now: Raising awareness of the importance of climate change
ITHS, one of the institutions within the LINKgroup participated in the project ClimAct Now!, which refers to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13 from the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The 2030 Agenda was adopted in 2015 by all member states of the UN, and represents a joint plan for achieving peace and prosperity among all people on the planet, both now and in the future. Member states are committed to protecting the planet from environmental changes, agreeing that climate change represents a serious challenge, the consequences of which threaten the potential of future generations to achieve sustainable development.
By taking responsibility for the fight against climate change, our students will try to understand the full scope of its effects and dimensions, and take measures to curb it, in accordance with their capabilities.
The project coordinator is the 3rd Senior High School of Sparta, Greece, and school partners are Agrupamento de Escolas de Frazão, Paços de Ferreira, Portugal, and Liceul Teoretic „Miron Costin” Pascani, Romania.
- Sparta High School, Greece
- LICEUL TEORETIC MIRON COSTIN PASCANI (RO)
- LINK Group (RS)
- Information Technology High School (RS)
- raising awareness of the Sustainable Development Goal 13
- guiding students to understand what climate change is, what causes it, and what the consequences are.
- expanding knowledge of the climate crisis and the reasons why environmental protection is crucial
- active involvement in the fight against climate change and its effects
- developing skills of communication, collaboration, active citizenship, critical thinking and creativity
- developing English language proficiency and IT skills.