On Tuesday, December 13, 2022, the second meeting of project partners within the GENZ4GreenDeal project was held.
The meeting was held on the premises of the Institute for Contemporary Education (LINKgroup).
The aim of the GENZ4GreenDeal project is to develop training programs and build the capacity for young people to actively participate in the development of their local community and environment. In order to achieve this, the partnership has already mapped the best practices in each partner country related to green topics and sustainable development, and the consortium has developed a detailed methodological framework and a Handbook for Youth Workers that consists of educational materials for the course GENZ4GD.
Seven course modules are:
- Sustainable Development – Emphasys Centre (Cyprus);
- SDGs and their Importance – PASBS (Croatia);
- Three pillars of Sustainability – RCCI (Bulgaria);
- What prevents Sustainable Development? – PiM (Malta);
- How do young people contribute to the SDGs? – Politeknika Txorierri (Spain);
- Advocacy of green topics and policies – ADEMED (Romania);
- Local Actions for Community Development – LINKgroup (Serbia).
During the meeting, the seven partner organizations met and discussed progress on the above-mentioned issues. The partners, therefore, presented the material they developed as part of the second project result (PR2: online course GENZ4GD) and gave feedback to each other with the aim of making it more interesting for Generation Z!
LINKgroup presented its module on the topic "Local Actions for Community Development".
UNIT 1 – What is local community development and how does it relate to me?
- Lesson 1 – The power of cooperation in creating effective local community development strategies
- Lesson 2 – Local resources
- Lesson 3 – Implementing and managing actions
- Lesson 4 – Designing and planning actions
UNIT 2 – How to be a change maker?
- Lesson 1 – Building capacity for community and system change
- Lesson 2 – Frameworks that can be used to address community goals and problems
- Lesson 3 – Identifying the goal and determining the steps needed to achieve the goal
- Lesson 4 – Roles and responsibilities
- Lesson 5 – Possibilities of financing projects for the development of the local community
UNIT 3 – Best practices in community development
- Lesson 1 – Use of Internet tools to promote community development
- Lesson 2 – Five inspiring ideas for small actions for local community development
During 2023, a student podcast will be launched on the topic of sustainable development and local actions for community development, as well as a guide with instructions for starting a podcast in the local community.
Other partners provided valuable feedback on the material with the aim of improving it and making a better version. After introducing all the modules, the consortium has determined the following steps which are mainly related to the GENZ4GD Podcast.
We are now ready for our next steps and can't wait to share our ideas, material and podcasts with you!